Monday, August 13, 2007

Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon

So , on saturday Jeff and I ran a half marathon in preparation for the St. George marathon. Unfortunately we have no pictures because we had no camera with us. So you may not even believe me =) I was really really proud of both Jeff and I, because I have not been able to really train. I have been having some knee and ankle problems and so my longest run has been 4 miles. Jeff's longest was 5 miles. So we went out not really knowing what to expect. The race was beautiful and it was a nice sunny day, and we just kept going and going. My body felt great and before you knew it we were at mile 10. Yea only 3.1 more miles to go. About then, my ankle and feet starting to hurt and I wanted to stop so bad, but Jeff just kept pushing me and encouraging me to keep going. Thank you so much for that. It's so great that I was able to run with Jeff and that he didn't ditch me. Finally we finished with a time of 2 hrs and 10 min. We were so proud and amazed that we didn't have to stop once. Except for a bathroom break. It gave me a little more hope for the marathon in October, but we will see what my old body will let me do.

6 comments:

Kristel said...

Yeah!!!!
sooooo jealous!!!!

Zipporah said...

Good job, you guys! I have been thinking about doing a half marathon and you have just motivated me. That would be so fun to do it with Michael when he gets home. Maybe the four of us should do one! Wouldn't that be awesome.
Good luck training for the marathon.

wurstens5 said...

Sounds good Zipporah, just tell me where and when. That would be really fun.

Nettie! said...

Oh my gosh, Jamie - that reminds me, remember when we ran that same half marathon what was it, 8 or 9 yrs ago?!

wurstens5 said...

Hey annette,
That was the St. George Half marathon that we ran. But, it's funny you mention that. I was just thinking about that yesterday. That was fun eh?

Ben and Krystal said...

congrats guys!