Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mommy there's a police man at the door

Ok,

So I was in the shower this morning as I usually do. Brandon was sleeping and Matthew and Ashlie were up stairs playing in hre room. About 5 mim into my shower Matthew comes in, and says mommy there's pepole down there. I was kind of confused and not really sure what he was talking about. I figured he was just looking out the window or something. I told him to just go play and I would be done in a minute. So about 5 min later he comes in again and says " mommy there's a police man at the door, I talking to him" Wholy cow I was scared, and wondering what he was doing at the door and why Matthew answered the door in the first place without me. So I got out of the shower and yelled down with my towel on. He said hello, and I told him I needed to get dressed. I turnes out he was there for 15 min talking to Matthew and probably wondering what was going on. He was looking for the previous renter, but how scary is that, that Matthew opened the door while I was in the shower. Anybody could have taken them. He got a big talk from me, and this afternoon we are going to home depot to get an upper lock put on the door.

3 comments:

Kristel said...

That is so scary!!!!
I'm glad you are getting an upper lock put on!
kristel

Kristin said...

What an exciting experience! I'm glad you found out it was time for a lock on the door before something tragic happened. What a good like boy to come up and let you know the police man was waiting.

By the way, I'm just loving this blog, Jamie. I'm so glad you're regularly updating it!

Anonymous said...

At least it was a police man and not some crazy person.
Hope the lock is working for you.