Thursday, May 6, 2010

A lesson in Honesty

Yesterday I took my kids into the gas station to get a treat, and they saw a guy walking in drop his wallet. I was getting Kyle out of the car, and they were walking over to get it. I was telling them to come back over to me,  and Matthew said  "mom that guy droped his wallet" so I told them to pick it up and we would take it in. The guy was walking out and didn't even notice it was gone, so we asked him if he droped his wallet. He was happy he got it back and told us his pants had a hole in it, and it was just habbit to put it there. So they picked out there treat and as we were coming out, he came up to me and asked if he could give the kids a reward for giving him his wallet back and just told me that he got paid and had 500 cash in it, so he was very greatful. I told him he did not need to do that, but he insisted and gave the kids a 10 dollar bill. They were so happy and we talked how good it is to be honest.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What great kids. I'm glad you are teaching them so well.