Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random stuff

so not a lot going on now, just taking care of the kids and such. But I do have to post for those of you who don't do facebook, I QUIT DRINKING SODA!! This was such a hard thing for me to do, but moving out here to a town of nothing has made me a much healthier person. There is no where to go out to eat, so we rarely do, and now that i am running again I feel so much healthier, and quiting feels even better. I hope that I never go back to drinking my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper again, because I do love the way i feel even if it is just in my mind.  There are 3 other girls here who are running with me and we are training for the Moab Half Marathon in March. It's fun to have  a little group to run with and makes it go by fast. Things are going good here, Jeff's work is getting busier by the month so we are happy about that. Its still quite the adjustment for me, why can't they just have a target and and old navy or Gap. Where am I supposed to buy my kids clothes?? Anyway enough ranting.

6 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Since bedrest, I've discovered online shopping. Childrens Place always has sales and you can find coupons on line and stuff. Good luck with the caffine thing. I can't have it anymore either cause of my kidney stones.

Heidi said...

wow.. good for you. I love diet dr. pepper, so I am really proud. Its so hard to stop drinking pop.
Yes, where do you buy your groceries and your kids clothes? You could take up sewing? :)

Wursten Family Weblog said...

Thanks for posting on your blog. I am the bad facebook checker! I'll try to do better. Glad to hear about the running group. Exercise is always better when you have some support. Good luck with it and I can't wait to see the new, in shape, skinny you in the summer!!

katie said...

Good for you- I need to stop. I don't have it very often but there are days I just need a COKE zero!!

NatBug said...

Yeah see, that is why I won't even try to drink soda...I know that I would get addicted....water it is for me! Oh, and the no shopping thing....I would go crazy, but I guess that the upside is that you would be saving money by not shopping all of the time.

Zipporah said...

Good Job, Jamie! I need to quit too. Lately my favorite is diet dr. pepper and I am trying to have only one a week. It stinks, but it is so much better to go without. You are awesome!