Sunday, October 21, 2007

An overwhelming day !!

Today we started off by waking up to a thunderous storm with lightning only instead of rain we got a couple inches of snow. I am not quite ready for snow yet, It's not even Halloween yet come on. Then in church I recieved a new calling. Actually 2 callings. My first one is being on the enrichment committie, and the second one is Nursurey Leader. Oh man. I guess I didn't need a break from my kids. Ashlie was excited and brandon gets to come 3 months early because I am in there anyway. So wish me luck because I have no idea what I am doing, and wish me lots of patience. I am excited as well. Also, we had to speak in church today. It went pretty good and was better than I thought. I really really love our ward. The bishop is the most friendly guy,and everbody else there is just so friendly and willing to help no matter what. Just great!!! Well hope you are having a great day.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Overwhelming sounds like a good description. We've been seeing the views of the ball field on TV today, looking toward the World Series, and yes, there's a lot of snow!

About your new, exciting callings... You know you CAN say, this doesn't work for me right now. It seems to me that "Nursery Leader" is one of the last callings you should have. Why they think young mothers who are home all day caring for their little ones should then spend their sundays caring for other people's little ones, I'll never understand. When it comes to calling young moms to be nursery leader, it is probably about 2% inspiration and 98% desperation. But we will be wishing you lots of luck and patience.

It is great to have a friendly ward you feel comfortable in and apart of. I'm glad you guys are happy there.

Nettie! said...

Have fun with those new callings! Btw, the slideshow's adorable!

Zipporah said...

Wasn't the snow fun?! I think nursery leader would be a hard one, but I really think it is such an important calling and you will do a great job. ...Good luck! Being on the enrichment committee will be a good balance and get you involved with the women in your ward. I'm so glad that you love your ward. We really need to get together soon.