Tuesday, October 16, 2007

St. George Marathon!!

Well we did it!!! Both Jeff and I decided to run the marathon this year, and can I just say how fun it was to be able to run with Jeff and to thank him for not ditching me. I could not have done it without you. We woke up at 3:30 a.m. and got ready to go and catch the busses. When we got to the top it was a warm 35 degrees with some wind chill, so you can say it was pretty cold. We stood in line for the potties, tried to stay warm by the fires, did a little stretching and then at 6:45 we were off. We started off with a group who was finishing in about 5 hours. She was a good pacer and made sure we did not go out to fast and die. At about mile 9 we saw Jeff's Aunt and Uncle who welcomed us with a sign and some much needed oranges. Both Jeff and I felt really good and started to run a bit faster. We also ran into some friends from dental school, Katie Budge, and Treasure Goats. It was fun to see them, and ran with them for a bit. The last couple of miles I could feel my ankle ready to go from a previous injury and Jeffs Knee was really hurting him as well. So Let's just say the last 2 miles were in grouling pain, I will not lie. But we finished with a time of 4 hours and 47 min and was able to run the whole thing except maybe about 5 min. I was so proud of us. I hope we can run more together. Thank you also to all the family and friends who were there to support and cheer us on.


Here are some pictures as we are finishing. I was so glad that we were able to finish despite our lack of training.











These pictures are of us getting on the buses at 5:00 in the morning. There were so many buses it was crazy. Then here we are at the top freezing our butts off. And you can see all of the port a potties. I think there were about 100 maybe more. It's great. They also have a ton of bon fires going so you can try to stay warm.

9 comments:

Haley said...

SO proud of you guys too! It's an inspiration to run that thing... don't know if I could do it. We were glad to be able to see you finish and get to hang out with you too. Take care of that ankle.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

That is sooooo amazing. Rob did that marathon 6 years ago and nearly killed himself (he didn't train AT ALL and still finished...crazy). He talks about it being one of the defining moments of his life. Not to mention that he got a permanent knee injury from it. I'm just impressed that you can run without peeing after 3 kids. I'll have to do a lot of keagels before I could pull something like that off. Anyway, congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You two are amazing. Glad to hear you survived and were able to finish the race. We love you!

The Larsons said...

That is so great! You guys are so inspirational! Congrats! That is seriously an amazing accomplishment. You are all inspiring me, but when I told Andrew I wanted to do it, he just rolled his eyes at me. :) So way to go Jeff!

Shelly! said...

Bravo! What an awesome accomplishment for both of you!

Congrats!

Zipporah said...

GOOD JOB, YOU GUYS! That is so awesome that you did it together. Michael and I have talked about it, but never been brave enough. Maybe next year! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

All you runners out there are amazing! That is crazy! That's fun you got to run with some familiar people. Good Job!

Unknown said...

All you runners out there are amazing! That is crazy! That's fun you got to run with some familiar people. Good Job!

Unknown said...

All you runners out there are amazing! That is crazy! That's fun you got to run with some familiar people. Good Job!