Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brandon's Surgery

Last Wednesday Brandon went  into surgery for a cyst that he had in his eye, as you can see in this picture. It was really sad to have to see him going into the OR and to be put to sleep. He did really well though and is back to his normal self. The funniest part was when they gave him the medicine versed that helped to relax him. He was hilarious!! I was cracking up. After that, they wheeled him away in a little red wagon. It was very cute. 
Here is a picture of Brandon at home after the Surgery still a little druged

Here are a few pictures taken with Jeff's phone. I was so mad I forgot my camera. These pics are right after he came out of Surgery, it must be hard to come out of the anesthesia medicine because he was not very happy. They kept him in my arms for about an hour to make sure that he was ok, and that he started eating some animal crackers and drinking water. 
Looking a little more awake now.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

So glad to hear the little guy is ok. Lilly was in the hospital last summer, and it was so sad. I hate seeing my little girl in pain. I bet this was harder on his parents than it was on him.

Anonymous said...

Have you never been put under, you lucky girl! Yes it is hard to come out of, but luckily he is too little to remember it. I can’t wait to see what he looks like without the ball above his eye! (I do not think it was actually IN his eye like you said! :) )

Ashley Rae said...

Oh wow- that would be SO hard to see your baby go into surgery :( But I'm so glad everything went well! He's so cute.

wurstens5 said...

Ok, the ball was not in his eye, it was in his eye lid.

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea. I hope he's OK now. You are brave! What a hard thing to watch your baby do. I hope you're all back to normal now.

Kristel said...

Glad he's doing well. It's so scary to have your kids go in for surgery...no matter what kind. Remember Anna had surgery a couple years ago...it was nervewracking!