Saturday, March 14, 2009

I made it!!

I made it 10 miles!!
So, I am trying to get back into running after having Kyle. It's funny what your body will let you and not let you do. Especially when you know what you CAN do.  I swear once I hit 30 all hell broke lose in my body. At least that's what I feel like. Endurance wise I  feel like I can run a while, body wise, I get so frustrated with my body, and mostly my feet. I got a cortisone shot in my ankle on Thursday to try and help the pain. Last time I got one it made the pain go away for a long time. Basically until after I had Kyle.  Maybe it's a matter of mind over matter, but what ever it is, it is frustrating. I blame it on having 4 kids in 5 years, or maybe my body is telling me to chose a different sport. What ever it may be, I hope to continue running marathons and races until I am 60. So here's hoping to a life full of running.

6 comments:

Shelly! said...

That is awesome! Congrats!

Holly said...

Just keep it up, you'll get better.
Congrats on the milestone. As long as you're done having kids there'll be many more I'm sure

Anonymous said...

I must say, I asm impressed with you... I could never run 10 miles... I don't think I could even run around the circle!

Nettie! said...

You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm... usually for runners it's the knees that give them trouble, not the ankles. Hopefully the cortisone helps for a long time.

Keep it up, it's a lot easier to keep running than it is to start running again.

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Awesome! I'd go about 2 miles with ya until I'm done!