Monday, August 17, 2009

New Orleans (Aug 2- 5 2009)

My Friend Kristel Liddle lives in New Orleans, came to visit us the first of July and then headed off to to Utah for about a month. She called me, because she had no one to drive back with her and her 3 kids and asked if I would. I really like road trips, and I really wanted to go and visit her and see where she lives, so I said yes. I decided to take Matthew with me as well on our great adventure. We knew the Liddle's from dental school, and Matthew and her Daughters Anna, and Janie all used to play together pretty much every day, although they don't remember because they were so young. So we left for our adventure on Sunday, and drove to Fort Worth Texas to stay at my sis in laws house for the night. We ended up being in the car for 14 hours that day. Wheww what a long day! The next morning we headed out for the rest of our drive and got there about 4 in the afternoon. It really was a good trip and all of the kids were really good for being in the car for 2 days. We were able to stay a few days and see as much of New Orleans as we could fit in, then flew back to Colorado on Wed. Thank you so much Kristel and Justin for the fun time. It was so good to see you!!
Matthew on the plane. He was soooooo excited!

A GIANT cricket!

We went on a walk on day in the swamps to try and find crocodiles, and instead we found these HUGE spiders called banana spiders. They were everywhere, we saw at least 100 of them, and we had to duck to miss some of the webs. After we were done we all felt like creepie crawlies all over us!

Matthew and Anna

Swamp

swamp

More swamp. We were really sad we did not see any crocodiles

Matthew, Janie, Anna, Kate

They have a pool outside their backdoor, so we swam everyday!

We went to Gulf Port Beach and swam in the Gulf. The water was so warm. It was such a perfect day with the weather. Matthew really enjoyed the ocean!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay seriously I would be done after I saw ONE of those spiders. Crocodile or no crocodile.WOW.

Holly said...

Cool!

Shauna said...

The swamp looks really cool! I bet that was really neat to see!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

we have those banana spiders in okinawa too. they ARE huge. the swamp was super neat too. how fun to spend some time with kristal. i bet you guys had a blast!