Monday, August 31, 2009

So sad

Well back in May I got into the St. George Marathon, and I was SO excited since last summer I was pregnant and not able to run it. So, I was all excited to train really well and have a good race. About 3 months or so ago I was playing basketball and rolled my ankle ever so slightly. It did not swell or anything, just hurt a little and I was able to keep playing. Then all of a sudden it started to hurt whenever I would run. I kept trying to run and the pain was just unbearable. So I have not been running for about 3 months nor training for the Marathon. I have been to a doctor, did x-rays, ultrasound. NOTHING!!! All they found was a little fluid in the bursa sack around my Achilles tendon. Still does not explain the pain. So, now I am going to Physical Therapy and trying anything I can to fix this. But SO SAD, I am not going to be able to run the Marathon. I am so bummed, but there is nothing I can do. I am still going to go down to St. George collect my T-shirt and at least pretend I am going to run it. Sadly I won't get my medal, but if I have the shirt, I at least look cool right?

2 comments:

Shelly! said...

Urgh - as a fellow runner who is laid up with an ankle injury let me just say...THAT SUCKS!

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle but I think you are doing what is best. There will always be another marathon but there will not always be another ankle...I mean, besides the one on your other foot :)

Put on that shirt and join the crowd in spirit!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh I'm so sorry... I know how much you were looking forward to it. :(

But yes- go get that t-shirt!!